ISUZU has full-model-changed its heavy-duty truck model, GIGA
Isuzu Motors Limited (headquartered in Shinagawa, Tokyo and headed by the President and Representative Director, Mr. Masanori Katayama) has full-model-changed the popular rigid-type models (equipped with the 6UG1 engine) in its heavy-duty truck series, “GIGA”, and is launching them in Japan today.
The New GIGA, has evolved from a stand-alone truck into a “connected carrier system” to maximize customers’ uptime by giving solutions to the issues they are facing such as labor shortage, operational cost, environmental and safety problems.
Its performance, sophisticated from the five viewpoints of drivers’ comfort, fuel efficiency, total safety, loading capacity and remote assistance, will surely better serve the needs of customers as an ideal next-generation truck.
The main improvements being offered by the new GIGA are as follows:
- The new aerodynamic cab frame has lowered its air resistance to ensure optimum aerodynamics and better fuel economy. At the same time, high user-friendliness has been achieved thanks to the functional and stylish steps and grips.
- The front face looks more functional and modern, having the large front grille which helps the large intercooler to achieve higher cooling performance.
- The 6UZ1 engine has been improved. The following modifications have been made to increase the low to mid-range torque and improve fuel efficiency.
- The specifications of the turbocharger, changed.
- The intercooler and radiator, made larger.
- The highly efficient EGR cooler, adopted.
- The supply pump, changed.
- The new injector, adopted.
- The ultra-high pressure common rail system, adopted.
- The cargo and dump models come standard with the “ecostop” system which automatically stops and restarts the engine to minimize the unnecessary fuel consumption during idling.
- The automated manual transmission, Smoother-Gx, has been improved to enable the vehicle to offer a smoother-ever start, by decreasing “shift shocks”. In addition, by adopting the engine retarder, the capabilities of the auxiliary brakes, have been improved.
- The models equipped with the 6UZ1-TC engine and 12-speed Smoother Gx, come standard with the “Smart Glide” system. This system automatically disengages the clutch when the vehicle is running on a downgrade with its accelerator pedal lightly depressed in order to effectively utilize the inertial force of the vehicle for more fuel saving.
HIGH LOADING CAPACITY
- In spite of the full-model change, the curb weight increase has been minimized to ensure high loading capacity.